Last Edited: May 24, 2020
We may use your Personal Information, Demographic Information or Usage Information for various purposes, including:
- to process transactions or provide you with information such as to send you electronic newsletters or to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third parties, including to let you know about new products, services or upcoming events;
- to enable you to participate in a variety of the Service’s features such as to enable you to participate in online entry sweepstakes, contests or other promotions;
- to improve the Service, marketing endeavors or our service offerings;
- to customize your experience on the Service or to serve you specific content or ads that are relevant to you;
- to provide customer support;
- to contact you with regard to your use of the Service and, in our discretion, changes to the Service and/or Service’s policies;
- to identify your product and service preferences so that you can be informed of new or additional products, services, and promotions;
- for internal business purposes; and
We may use various developed methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed): cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, browser fingerprinting, e-tags, and/or entity tags.
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including to allow you to use and access our Service, including cookies required to prevent fraudulent activity, improve security or allow you to make use of Service functionality; to assess the performance of the Service, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, products or services offered through the Service; to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Service, including identifying you when you visit our Service or keeping track of our specified preferences, including in terms of the presentation of content on our Service; and to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our Service and third-party sites based on how you interact with our content and ads. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content and ads that have been delivered to you.
Our Service may use location-based services in order to locate you so that we may verify your location, deliver you relevant content based on your location, and share your location with service providers.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may receive information about you from our affiliates, from any other users of the Service, or from any other third parties that may provide us information we deem relevant to your use of the Service. Company may at its sole discretion collect and use this information as Personal Information.
Interactions with Third Party Sites
The Service may include functionality that allows certain kinds of interactions between the Service and your account at a third-party such as a third party web site or application, or to a medical provider of yours. The use of this functionality may involve the third-party operator providing certain information, including Personal Information, to us. For example, we may provide third-party sites’ interfaces or links on the Service to facilitate your sending a communication from the Service. The Service may include interaction with the API or website of a payment processor like Square, Inc. Company may at its sole discretion collect and use this information as Personal Information.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Compliance
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Service and provide us with your information at your own risk.
How and When Do We Disclose Information to Third Parties?
- When You Provide Information to Third Parties. Although it’s unlikely, you may at some time be presented with an option on our Service to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from third parties. You are under no obligation to receive information from them, but if you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to the third parties you permitted and all information you disclose will be subject to the third party privacy policies and practices of such third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
- Administrative and Legal Reasons. We may disclose Personal and Usage Information when required by law or subpoenaed by law enforcement; to protect the Service; and to detect or prevent misuse, fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf. We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Service, such as: (a) to assist us in Service operations; (b) to manage a database of customer information; (c) hosting the Service; (d) designing and/or operating the Service’s features; (e) tracking the Service’s activities and analytics; (f) enabling us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services; and (g) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide vendors with access to your information to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Third-party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them. However, some third parties may offer you certain choices regarding their practices. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
- Affiliates and Business Transfer. We may share your information, including your Device Identifiers and Personal Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Service or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) through the Service that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
Information User Discloses
User Information and Communications
The user is responsible for maintaining the truthfulness and accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as the user’s contact information and doctor recommendation information provided as part of registration. The Service may disable a user’s account if the information provided is determined to be false or no longer current.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for some time.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. It expires after some time.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.